Definition of red rice
1 : a Chinese vegetable dye used in food products
— called also ang-khak
2 : a wild rice (Oryza rufipogon) with a red husk and pinkish white seed that is considered an objectionable weed in the rice fields of the southern U.S. but that has grain which is comparable to common rice in nutritive value
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?