variants: or red jessamine
Definition of red jasmine
1 : a frangipani (Plumeria rubra) widely cultivated in warm regions for its very large leaves and large terminal cymes of pink, red, or purple richly fragrant flowers
2 : cypress vine
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game