Definition of red heath
1 : a heather (Calluna vulgaris)
2 : a New Zealand shrub (Dracophyllum recurvum) of the family Epacridaceae resembling a heath and having small red flowers
3 or red heather : either of two low growing alpine heaths (Phyllodoce empetriformis and P. bremeri) having rose-colored flowers
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game