red desert soilnoun
Definition of red desert soil
: any of a group of zonal soils of warm-temperate and tropical deserts that have light reddish brown friable soil over a reddish brown or dull red heavy horizon which grades into an accumulation of calcium carbonate and that supports more or less scanty desert-shrub vegetation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?