variants: or red colobus monkey
Definition of red colobus
: any of several monkeys (genera Procolobus and Piliocolobus) of equatorial Africa that are reddish orange to reddish brown and either black or black and white, have the thumb absent or vestigial, and are closely related monkeys of the genus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game