variants: or less commonly red carrobean
Definition of red carabeen
: any of several Australian trees specifically : a large tree (Geissois bentanii) of the family Cunoniaceae having reddish brown hard heavy wood that is used in flooring and paneling
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game