variants: or less commonly red carrobean
Definition of red carabeen
: any of several Australian trees specifically : a large tree (Geissois bentanii) of the family Cunoniaceae having reddish brown hard heavy wood that is used in flooring and paneling
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game