Definition of record holder
: the person or thing that has achieved something no other person or thing has achieved : a person or thing that holds a record He is the marathon world record holder. They're developing an airplane that is expected to be faster than the current record holder.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game