recopied; recopying; recopies
Definition of recopy
: to copy (something) again I intended to bring up the example of the Irish monasteries during the Dark Ages. Monks in Ireland copied and recopied manuscripts at a time when parchment was being used as heating fuel in the rest of Europe.— John Rember The dictations were amended, edited, recopied, and left in an inchoate form for most of a century, until the editors at the Mark Twain Papers & Project decided to put them into shape.— Steve Courtney
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game