rearticulated; rearticulating; rearticulates
Definition of rearticulate
: to articulate (something) again: such as
a : to give new or further utterance or expression to … a small team has been tasked with rearticulating the college's mission and identity statement.— James K. A. Smith
b : to reassemble and join together all or some of (the bones comprising the skeleton of a dead animal) The "Dino Daze" festival was built around the return of the allosaurus, which was scientifically rearticulated by Hadley Exhibits.— Mark Sommer rearticulated the fox skeleton using wire and glue
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game