reargued; rearguing; reargues
Definition of reargue
: to debate, dispute, or give reasons for or against (something) for a second or subsequent time : to argue (something) again … has asked the justices to clarify their ruling and has filed a petition to reargue portions of the case.— Dominic Fracassa She said the new data will be used to reargue the old political question: To what degree should dam owners be required to ensure the safety of those living or driving downstream?— Luanne Rife
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game