variants: or less commonly rere-arch \ ˈri(ə)¦rärch \
Definition of rear arch
: an inner arch of an opening (as for a door or window) that differs in size or form from the external arch of the opening
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game