Definition of reading chair
: a chair with a narrow back, high short arms, a small slanted shelf attached to the top of the back, and a seat designed for straddling and for permitting one to sit facing the shelf
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game