reach out to (someone)phrasal verb
reached out to; reaching out to; reaches out to (someone)
Definition of reach out to (someone)
1 : to offer help or support to (someone) a community reaching out to refugees
2 : to try to get the attention and interest of (someone) He's reaching out to young voters.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game