reach a conclusionidiom
Definition of reach a conclusion
: to make a judgment or decision after a period of thought or research Scientists have been studying this for years, but haven't reached a conclusion. —often + on/about Scientists haven't yet reached a conclusion on/about the causes of this illness.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game