raw·hid·er | \ -də(r)\
Definition of rawhider
1 : one that rawhides: such as
a : a miner who rawhides ore broadly : a small-scale miner : prospector
b : a harsh taskmaster (as a domineering executive)
2 : a user of rawhide: such as
a : a border pioneer of the southwestern U.S.
b : one that puts a protective leather covering on wooden artificial limbs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?