rau·li | \ (ˈ)rau̇¦lē\
variants: or less commonly rauli beech
Definition of rauli
: a large Chilean timber tree (Nothofagus procera) yielding a coarse lumber that is used especially for cooperage
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game