rattle onphrasal verb
rattled on; rattling on; rattles on
Definition of rattle on
: to talk for a long time about things that are not interesting or important He rattled on (and on), but I tuned him out. —often + about She rattled on about her sister's children.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game