variants: or less commonly ransom bond
Definition of ransom bill
: a contract valid by the law of nations given in time of war for the ransom of property especially when captured at sea and a safe-conduct for it to a friendly destination
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game