ram throughtransitive verb
Definition of ram through
: to force the passage or acceptance of usually over considerable opposition rammed through his law — Time rammed through the bitterly opposed nomination — New Republic legislation rammed through by a bare majority of left-wing fellow travelers— T. R. Ybarra
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game