rake overphrasal verb
raked over; raking over; rakes over
Definition of rake over
chiefly British, informal
: to continue to think or talk about (something that happened in the past) Don't spend so much time raking over the past.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game