Definition of railroad sickness
: a disease of cattle resembling milk fever presumably due to comparable metabolic imbalance and occurring especially in cows in advanced pregnancy and in fat cows or steers during or after a long drive or journey by rail or truck — compare grass tetany
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game