variants: or less commonly rabbit foot
Definition of rabbit-foot clover
: a European clover (Trifolium arvense) naturalized in the U.S. having soft and hairy flower heads that resemble rabbits' paws
— called also old-field clover
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game