quin·zaine | \ (ˈ)kaⁿ¦zān, (ˈ)kan¦-\
Definition of quinzaine
: a period of 15 days specifically : an ecclesiastical period comprising a feast day and the fortnight after or (as at Easter) the week before and the week after
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game