qui·no·vic acid | \ kwə̇ˈnōvik-\
variants: or less commonly quinovaic acid \ ¦kwinə- , ¦vāik- \ or chinovic acid \ kə̇ˈnōvik- \
Definition of quinovic acid
: a crystalline triterpene acid C30H46O5 obtained by hydrolysis of quinovin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?