Definition of quinine flower
: a bitter herb (Sabbatia elliottii) of the southern U.S. that has star-shaped white flowers and is said to possess antiperiodic properties and to have been used as a substitute for quinine
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game