quer·sprung | \ ˈkf|erˌshpru̇ŋ, kəˈv|, |ār-\
Definition of quersprung
: a maneuver for avoiding obstacles in skiing executed by turning at right angles in the air using one pole as a pivot
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game