Definition of quenched gap
: a kind of spark gap used in radio transmitting apparatus and so designed as to extinguish the spark quickly after it starts thus opening the primary circuit and leaving the secondary circuit free to produce oscillating current
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game