que·lea | \ ˈkwēlēə\
Definition of quelea
1 capitalized : a genus of African weaverbirds
2 plural -s : any bird of the genus Quelea especially : a red-billed bird (Q. quelea) often kept as a cage bird
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game