queen for a day letternoun
variants: or queen for a day agreement
Definition of queen for a day letter
: a letter setting forth the terms under which an informant will provide information to a federal prosecutor in exchange for limited immunity : proffer letter In the book, Jones admits federal prosecutors offered her a "queen for a day" letter—a written agreement that would have allowed federal agents to question Jones without the risk of being prosecuted.— Lynn Jacobsen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?