Haida Gwaiigeographical name
variants: or formerly Queen Charlotte Islands
Definition of Haida Gwaii
island group in the Pacific in western British Columbia, Canada area about 4000 square miles (10,360 square kilometers)
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game