variants: or quartz clock
Definition of quartz-crystal clock
: a clock in which the high uniform piezoelectric vibrations of a quartz crystal induced by current from a constant frequency generator are used to control the rate of a synchronous motor clock
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game