variants: or less commonly quandang or quondong \ ˈkwänˌdäŋ \ or quantong \ -n‧ˌtäŋ \
Definition of quandong
1a : a small or shrubby Australian tree (Fusanus acuminatus or Elaeocarpus grandis) of the family Santalaceae that has lanceolate leaves and small flowers in terminal panicles followed by round edible red drupes
b : the fruit of the quandong tree
— called also native peach— see quandong nut
2 : brisbane quandong
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game