Definition of quaking aspen
: an aspen (Populus tremuloides) chiefly of the U.S. and Canada with small nearly circular leaves that have flattened petioles and finely serrate margins and that flutter in the slightest breeze
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game