Definition of qirsh
1 or qursh \ ˈku̇rsh \ or qurush \ ˈku̇r-əsh \ or less commonly ghirsh \ ˈgirsh \, qirshes or qirsh or qursh or qurush or less commonly ghirsh : a monetary unit of Saudi Arabia equal to ¹/₂₂ riyal until 1960 and since then equal to ¹/₂₀riyal also : a coin representing one qirsh
2 plural qirshes or qirsh : piastre sense 3b
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game