py·ro·chlore | \ ˈpīrəˌklō(ə)r\
Definition of pyrochlore
: a brown or dark reddish mineral NaCaCb2O6F that is isomorphous with microlite and is an oxide and fluoride of sodium, calcium, and columbium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?