pyr·ge·om·e·ter | \ ˌpī(ə)rjēˈämətə(r), ˌpi(- \
Definition of pyrgeometer
: an instrument for determining the radiation from the earth's surface into space the equipment of a modern observatory, including … pyrgeometers — Science
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game