pyr·ar·gy·rite | \ pīˈrärjəˌrīt, pə̇ˈr-\
Definition of pyrargyrite
: a silver antimony sulfide Ag3SbS3 that is isomorphous with proustite, occurs in rhombohedral crystals or massive, and has a dark-red or black color with a metallic adamantine luster
— called also dark red silver ore, ruby silver
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game