variants: or pigmyweed \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗ \
Definition of pygmyweed
: a small annual aquatic herb (Tillaea aquatica) of the family Crassulaceae that occurs along the coasts of North America, Europe, and northern Africa and has very small solitary axillary greenish flowers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game