Definition of pygmy owl
: any of various small and usually rather dark-colored owls (genus Glaucidium) that are sometimes day-flying and chiefly insectivorous
— called also gnome owl
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game