put/place (someone) on a pedestalidiom
Definition of put/place (someone) on a pedestal
: to think of someone as a perfect person with no faults : to admire someone greatly Her boyfriend placed her on a pedestal. He wanted a career as an actor, but he didn't want to be put on a pedestal.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game