put up or shut upidiom
Definition of put up or shut up
—used to tell someone in a somewhat rude way to start doing something or to stop talking about it You've complained long enough. It's time to put up or shut up.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game