put one's money where one's mouth isidiom
Definition of put one's money where one's mouth is
: to give or spend money or take some action in order to do or support something that one has been talking about It's time for the mayor to put his money where his mouth is and increase funding for schools.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game