put intophrasal verb
put into; putting into; puts into
Definition of put into
1 : to use (a certain amount of energy or effort) when doing (something) He puts a lot of energy into his performances.
2 : to invest (time, money, etc.) in (something) We put a lot of money into (fixing up) that house.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game