put an end to (something)idiom
Definition of put an end to (something)
: to cause (something) to stop or prevent (something) from continuing They promise to put an end to unfair policies. The new mayor vowed to put an end to the violence.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game