put a new/different complexion onidiom
Definition of put a new/different complexion on
: to change the appearance of (something) : to cause (something) to be seen or thought about in a new way That information puts a whole new complexion on the case.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game