put (something) into wordsidiom
Definition of put (something) into words
: to express (a thought or feeling) in words She finds it hard to put her feelings into words. [=to say what her feelings are] He felt as though all three of them had reached an understanding they didn't need to put into words; …— J. K. Rowling
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?