put (someone) out to grassidiom
Definition of put (someone) out to grass
: to force (someone) to leave a job because of old age I'm not ready to be put out to grass just yet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game