put (someone) on tophrasal verb
put (someone) on to; putting (someone) on to; puts (someone) on to
Definition of put (someone) on to
: to give (someone) information about (something) : to tell (someone) about (something that he or she did not know about before) A friend of mine put me on to this book in high school.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?