put (oneself) over as (something)idiom
Definition of put (oneself) over as (something)
: to cause (oneself) to appear to be (a particular type of person) She puts herself over as a modern, independent woman.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game