put (something) together withphrasal verb
put (something) together with; putting (something) together with; puts (something) together with
Definition of put (something) together with
: to add or combine (something) with (something) I never would have thought of putting this wine together with fish. The lack of rain put together with the heat ruined many of the region's crops.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game