put (something) together withphrasal verb
Definition of put (something) together with
: to add or combine (something) with (something) I never would have thought of putting this wine together with fish. The lack of rain put together with the heat ruined many of the region's crops.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game